Primary School Log-Dragomer
Achieving energy efficiency in a simple, quick and cost-competitive way.
AMIBIT's energy information system enabled Primary School Log-Dragomer to set temperatures in individual classrooms, to optimize, automate and control existing energy devices, and to report real-time energy consumption costs.
|Users's segment||Educational institutions (schools, nursery schools)|
|Founder||The Republic of Slovenia|
|No. of employees||approx. 60|
|No. of pupils||approx. 430|
Primary School Log-Dragomer striving to improve energy efficiency
Primary School Log-Dragomer is proud of the ECO flag and is included in the international association of ECO schools. Therefore, they pay special attention to efficient use of energy, control and optimization of the operation of the energy system and concern for the environment. Plus, the school must comply with the Regulation on Energy Management in the Public Sector, which requires all facilities owned by the Republic of Slovenia or self-governing local communities whose usable area covers more than 250 m2, to establish an Energy Management System. With this measure, they want to address their ECO guidelines, comply with legislation and, above all, improve the user comfort of both, pupils and employees.
- Regulation’s requirements of energy management in public sector
- Premises enlargement and connecting new devices
- Poor hydraulic balance of radiator system
- Uneven energy consumption by individual rooms.
- Non-optimized operation of radiators; consequently certain rooms were Cold and others overheated.
- Lack of energy consumption monitoring.
Increasing costs due to inefficient energy use reminded of necessary infrastructure renovation.
Preliminary results of the energy infrastructure analysis have clearly shown some key issues:
- A non-optimal way of temperature control in relation to rooms’ occupancy has been demonstrated.
- Heating the school via regulation with 3 heating circuits was not sufficient for even heating over the entire surface of the school.
- Lack of control and information for better heating settings.
Characteristics of Primary School Log-Dragomelj’s heating system
|Device||No. of devices||Rated power (kW)|
|Buderus Logano GE515||1||350|
|No. of radiators||160||/|
Reasons for energy renovation
- High energy costs
- Energy inefficiency
- Stricter national regulation in the field of energy efficiency
Implementation of advanced amibit technology with no additional construction works
Amibit equipped the school with advanced technology in the field of energy management in 5 phases:
- Installation of amihub controllers for consumer monitoring in real time.
- Hydraulic balance of the heating system.
- Introduction of the amibit system for heat energy management by individual rooms.
- Installation of automatic thermostatic heads with wireless communication.
- Training of clients for using other eis functionalities.
Amibit improved energy efficiency and made considerable energy consumption savings
AMIBIT Energy Information System successfully solved key problems in the field of energy efficiency in a SIMPLE, FAST and PRICE-COMPETITIVE way.
Amibit’s solution enabled:
- Up-to-date and automated monitoring / reporting of energy consumption and costs by individual energy / period of time.
- Targeted energy consumption monitoring and financial planning (cusum).
- Automated exports for the needs of reports on investment projects
- Monitoring the operation of the energy system, which alerts both management and maintenance of individual system anomalies (leaking water, switching off the heating oven, etc.).
- Alarming in case of irregularities.
- Compliance with national regulation after the introduction of the eis for public buildings.
- Pupils ‘awareness of rational energy use and the importance of environmental care.
energy costs reduced
reduction of costs
energy savings per year
less CO2 emissions